Thursday, February 28, 2013

Visit home: Arizona

After leaving Oregon Mom and Rudger picked me up from the airport.  We ran a few errands, Rudger bought a truck, and then mom and I headed up to Lakeside.  Mom's good friend Karen came over on Tuesday and we went to lunch with Cynthia at Sal and Teresa's a wonderful Mexican restaurant in Show Low. 
The food was SO good...the chips and salsa...the enchilada...mmmmmm...I must say I left with a full tummy and a smile of contentment!  Can you tell I love spicy Mexican food? :-D 
Then after lunch we went shopping...Found some cute shirts and other clothes that will come in handy shortly when it is winter in New Zealand.  After shopping, I went for a run, to try and work off some of the calories that I've eaten...hehe...
Then after dad got home from work and had dinner, we headed up to Bridgette's to see her and the kids.  I am amazed every time I see them how quickly they grow up.  Bryson is getting SO big and he even ran up to me for a hug!  SO love my nieces and nephews and I miss them so much when I'm gone.  I look forward to the day when I have my own kids and they get to know their cousins.  Family is such an important part of my life.  And it is important to me to spend important moments with them.  That is why I've come home at this time.  Lexie's baptism and Tyler's temple endowments are two life changing events that I want to share with them.  I want to show to them how important I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is and by coming home to share these events with them, I hope that they will know.
 
 

No comments: