Sunday, February 3, 2013

IRB Rugby Sevens Day 1

So one big thing about New Zealand is rugby.  Most of the nation are rabid fans...I'd say it's safe to say that most of them are fanatics!  Lol.  And shortly after getting here I heard about the Sevens.  My friend Gillian is a fanatic and so we decided to get tickets and go.
The thing about the Sevens is it is also a big dress-up party.  Some people go all year planning their costumes.  So we decided to dress up as nurses.  I think we look pretty authentic. :-)

Here is a photo of some of the rugby.  I still don't understand rugby because there are rules that don't make any sense.  Like the fact that the time doesn't end when it runs out and some other things but I still had a great time.

I thought this was a clever group: Conel Sanders, Ronald McDonald, Wendy and Burger King!

Loved the "Nemos"

Delwyn, Gillian and Gillian's dad Stan enjoying New Zealand playing (even though they lost)

Me supporting the US team...but they lost. *Shrug, eh*

Loved the Hulk Hogan, HAD to get a photo!

The parade of teams, and the US team. :-)

The fans starting to fill up the stadium towards the end of the day.

My friend Sofia who dressed up as Strawberry Shortcake!

I LOVED the Carebear as a kid so I had to get a photo with this Carebear.  I loved the fact that so many adults enjoy dressing up for a rugby tournament. :-D

1 comment:

Bridgette Blake said...

This must have been thought up by someone that had too much time and energy on their hands. They should have some kids or something. :)