Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

We celebrate the birthday of the US on July 4th, which is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the USofA and the freedoms that we enjoy because men say a wrong and decided to step up and make things change.  The bravery and dedication that this took, resulted in the birth of a nation that would inspire many other countries to change, demand freedom and be willing to die for that freedom.  This is my second year celebrating the birth of my USofA in another country.  Last year was especially emotional, but again this year, as they played the National Anthem, as I sang the words, I was taking back to the battles and the men that fought and died for our country, the founding fathers and the treasonous acts that they committed.  And I am ever more grateful that they were willing to do so because they knew that their cause was just and right.  Even though it was against all odds, our nation received it's independence and continues to enjoy those freedoms to this day because men and women still volunteer to defend those rights and freedoms.  I love the USofA, and even though I'm living outside of that amazing country, I only do so because I am doing my part to uphold those beliefs.  May God forever protect her and the freedoms that we as Americans enjoy, and may her people always stand for freedom and righteousness.

1 comment:

cody and bridgette blake said...

God bless America, Land that I love. God bless you too sister, we love and miss you.