Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A day by the beach

Since the 4th of July was on Sunday this year, we got to have Monday off from work.  I didn't want to not do anything, so I invited a few friends to go and spend the day with me at the beach.  Boy, am I glad I did!  It was such a beautiful day, the company was fun, and I even got into the Baltic Sea! (never thought I'd say that! ;))  We headed out of Riga after stopping at Rimi's to pick up a few food items and ice, then headed to Jurmala and the beach.  Since it was Monday, the beach wasn't super crowded, so we parked and staked out our "bit of sand".  We layed out, soaking up the sun-rays, but lathered in lotion (because none of us wanted to get burned!), laughed and joked, and then when it got "too hot" (according to my Latvian friend) we headed down to the water to "cool off".  My little grill was already in the car, so we cooked hot dogs for lunch and then layed out again.  All in all it was a good, relaxing day.  So glad that the sun came out! :)

No comments: