Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Turning 31...

Sometimes it is hard to believe how quickly time flies.  Last year, I turned 30 in Riga far away from family and friends.  It wasn't hard because my birthday isn't something I make a big deal out of.  This year, I had hoped that Ruth would be able to come for a visit, but Braydon got baptised the first weekend of August and so she went to Oregon for that.  I did get to talk to my family on Sunday (which I've always said is my real birthday anyway!) 
So, how did I celebrate my birthday this year?  Well, Monday I woke up with a headache and a fever, so I actually spent the day sleeping!  So once again, I spent my birthday all alone in a foreign country.  But hey, I chose this! :)  And I hope that being sick isn't a sign of my aging! ;)  Actually I definitely don't feel 31...but then again...how DOES 31 really feel?
Happy Birthday to me! :D

1 comment:

CeeJ said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY 31st! =)