Thursday, June 17, 2010

Preparation

I am preparing to go home for a week...you'd think it'd be as simple as buy a ticket and pack a bag.  Right? Well...not when you are living overseas! 

I have to go through clothes and get rid of ones that don't fit me any more (but this is the good kind of "don't fit" as they are too big!) :) 


Then I have to go through what other things I need to purchase when I go home that I can't get here.  Don't get me wrong, you can buy a lot of things here, but they are typically 2 to 3 times more expensive than you'd buy in the States.  Why get 1/2 or 2/3 less when I can just shop like crazy when I go home? ;) 


Then there is actually planning of what I will do when I go home, lots of family and friends to see, shopping, and just laying out by the pool and soaking up some sun because even though it's supposed to be summer here...the sun hasn't come out very much!   
 
Oh...and one other thing...GRADUATION! :)  As many of you know, I finished my MBA/GM in December and the graduation ceremony is June 25th.  I am so excited...only snafu so far...my cap, gown & hood STILL hasn't arrived...ordered it 2 months ago and it was supposedly shipped three weeks ago...and I only have two more mail days before I leave, so keep your fingers crossed that it comes or I am going to end up with two!  And let's face it, who needs two of those?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS 0N YOUR GRADUATION!!!!

That's awesome!!

Mischa Brewer said...

Thanks! :)